Friday, May 8, 2009

Passion

I woke up early enough to walk Jonas this morning. I thoroughly enjoy the mornings I drag my butt out of bed early enough to take him for a walk. He's a good dog to walk - minus his unreasonable and exaggerated fear of storm drains. I could walk him for hours if I had the time. The sweet smells of springtime permeate my thoughts and my mind wanders aimlessly. If I can't spend the morning tangled up with Jason, I'd chose to spend it walking Jonas. I always smile when I pass the obnoxiously bright turquoise Adirondack chairs down the street and seeing the purple and gold flowers planted in the neighboring apartment complex takes me back to a place where springtime flowers were synonymous with perfection. A former teammate of mine, Allison Keel, captured the true beauty of a JMU springtime on her blog. Check them out here...

And on the topic of amazing photography, I was gifted yesterday with a peek into the world of Pat Dy . As a wedding and fashion photographer, I spent an entire hour combing through his website and oogling at the breathtaking skill he has behind a camera lens. People have got to be born with that kind of talent. He shot engagement pictures for a Parisan couple. Two beautiful people + one gifted photographer + the streets of Paris = perfection. It was hard to pick a favorite, but I could almost feel the passion behind the picture below jumping out at me from the computer screen. I felt like I was peeking into a really personal and private moment between the two of them - but it left me feeling overwhelmed with my own personal happiness.



And on that note, check out the poem Le Love posted on her blog earlier this week titled "i want." It makes me fall in love with being in love every single time I read it.

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

i love lovin'! so leave me some!